My Harvest Market
My Shopping List
Boozy Bread and Butter Pudding
Courtesy of Flour Advisory Bureau
Serve With:Servings: 4
Always a favorite!. These puddings are individual, so everyone gets the crispy bits!
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 8 slices raisin bread
+ 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
+ 1/4 c. raisins
+ 3 eggs
+ 1 c. heavy cream
+ 2/3 c. milk
+ 1/4 c. superfine granulated sugar
+ 2 Tbsp. rum or brandy, (or subs. 2 tsp. rum flavored extract)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Butter 4 small ovenproof dishes, about 8 oz. each.
3. Spread the raisin bread slices with butter and cut each slice into 4 pieces.
4. Divide half the bread pieces between the dishes, sprinkle with the raisins and lemon rind and top with the remaining pieces.
5. Beat the eggs with the cream, milk, sugar and brandy.
6. Pour over the bread in each dish and let stand for 30 mins.
7. Bake for about 35 mins, until set and the crust is golden.
Calories: 763; Total Fat: 47g; Saturated Fat: 27g; Total Carbs: 75g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 45g;