My Harvest Market
My Shopping List
Vegetable Mixed Grill
Courtesy of California Tomato Commission
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 Roma tomatoes, cut in half
+ 1 yellow squash
+ 1 green zucchini
+ 1 large red onion
+ 1/2 lb. shiitake or button mushrooms
+ 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
+ 1 large red or yellow pepper
+ 1/4 c. olive oil
+ 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
+ 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley, fresh chopped
What to do:
1. In bowl combine olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper for marinade. Reserve 1/8 c.
2. Cut squash and zucchini in half horizontally; lightly score flesh side. Cut onion into thick slices. Remove stems from mushrooms. Cut pepper into large slabs.
3. Fill skewers with one type of vegetable. Larger vegetables can be laid directly on grill.
4. Place prepared skewers and vegetables in baking dish. Brush all vegetables liberally with balsamic oil mixture. Pour remaining balsamic mixture over vegetables. Let sit 10-20 min.
5. Grill vegetables for 3-5 min. each side on hot bbq or grill.
6. Arrange vegetables on plate and drizzle with remaining marinade. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Zinfandel, Shiraz/Syrah, Sangiovese
Calories: 367; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 60g; Fiber: 12g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 558mg;